Learn to Row
Reasons to Try Rowing
Rowing is an incredible, whole body workout. To the unassuming observer, it appears that crew relies almost exclusively on upper body strength. But the power of the rowing stroke actually comes from the legs, and the sport incorporates all of the major muscle groups. Besides being easy on the joints, it’s the ultimate aerobic exercise.
Rowing is the perfect “join right in” sport. Despite having a reputation of being an exclusive sport, rowing is easier to get into than most people think.
Burnaby Lake Rowing Club members and programs represent rowers of all ages and abilities. If you’re willing to dedicate the time and effort, you’re sure to find a place on the team
Rowing highlights teamwork. Young rowers learn the value of working together for a common goal while relinquishing personal objectives. Through their shared journeys, winning teams support each other in unwavering solidarity. The result? Amazing camaraderie and bonds to last a lifetime.
Youth Learn to Row Schedule
We will be offering Learn to Row camps for youth (age 12-18) this summer on Burnaby Lake throughout July and August.
- Week 1 – July 3-7, 2023 (Monday-Friday 10am-12pm)
- Week 2 – July 10-12, 2023 (Monday-Wednesday 10am-12am)
- Week 3 – July 17-20, 2023 (Monday-Thursday 10am-12pm)
- Week 4 – July 24-27, 2023 (Monday-Thursday 10am-12pm)
- Week 5 – July 31-August 4, 2023 (Monday-Friday 10am-12pm)
- Week 6 – August 14-18, 2023 (Monday-Friday 10am-12pm)
- Week 7 – August 21-25, 2023 (Monday-Friday 10am-12pm)
Not available for the listed camp dates? Please contact us for secondary opportunities!